Disconnected Press is really made up of the (limited) brains and (boundless) enthusiasm of two people: artist Conor Boyle and writer Lizzie Boyle (that’s me).
Over the past four years, we have published no fewer than 12 books as Disconnected Press: four issues of Sentient Zombie Space Pigs, three Disconnected anthologies, the twin books Lost: Boys and How To Kill Bears, political anthology CROSS, choose-your-own-adventure Secret Gardens and space-trivia-weepfest Do Aliens Play Basketball?
Not content with that, we’re also busy creators in our own rights and this felt like a good time to mention some of the work we have done independently: Continue reading
OK, apologies for the cheesy headline…
It’s the second ever True Believers Comic Festival tomorrow, at Cheltenham Racecourse. Doors open at 11, and the convention runs until 5.30pm, so if you’re in the neigh-bourhood (arf) then trot on over and say Hay!
We’re late additions to the bill, so we don’t feature on the table plan, but you’ll find us at Table J7 and J8. That’s at the opposite end to the main entrance, near that door that leads to coffee! We’ll also next door to the lovely Jess Bradley whose work continues to inspire and delight.
- Sentient Zombie Space Pigs – the whole hog. Yes the full four-episode saga will be available so you can complete your collection or pick up the whole thing. Prices still just £1 per episode.
- Secret Gardens – our choose-your-own-adventure books created in conjunction with Lowther Castle. Featuring squirrels, witches, tanks, rabbits and a lot of ghosts…
- CROSS and Disconnected 3 – some of our anthology favourites. Political satire anthology CROSS seems to get more pertinent every day…
- Original artwork from Conor Boyle
- Portfolio reviews, good chat, NFL predictions, occasional dancing, plenty of hugs and probably a fine selection of horse-related puns!
What more could you want? Come to True Believers tomorrow and all your comics dreams will come true! (Warning: previous sentence may contain hype.)
See you there!