Sunday 13 August will see the second ever Frome Comic Con. We’re particularly excited as it’s Disconnected Press’ hometown show, and we’ve been doing our bit to bring some great writers, artists, bloggers and publishers to town.
The day centres on the main venue in town, the Cheese and Grain (which played host to the Foo Fighters earlier this year – seriously – here‘s the official video!). Here you’ll find traders, retailers and special guest Dave Prowse…
Artist Conor Boyle and writer Lizzie Boyle of Disconnected Press will be in the Creators’ hub at the Black Swan Arts Centre, where we’re delighted to be joined by:
- Sara Dunkerton and Matt Gibbs – creators of MULP, the finest mouse based adventure comic you will ever read….!
- Owen Watts – editor of The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel – it’s bold and it’s beautiful and it’s just a little bit bonkers…
- Vince Hunt – creator of The Red Mask from Mars and Stalkerville, and one of the Awesome Comics Podcast team
- Gavin Mitchell – artist on Stiffs, The Pride and the fantastic Trolltooth Wars (based on a Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy book, which you know we love)
- Emily Owen – podcaster on the Awesome Comics Podcast and creator of Brain Shoodles
- Dani Abram – illustrator, animator and creator of the incredible Worry Wart. Moving, charming and inspiring all at the same time.
- Shaun Dobie – creator of Descending Outlands, which contains the words space, heist and adventure in its description so must be awesome!
- Sam Webster – creator of sci-fi series Unfamiliar Skies (episode 2 coming soon) and one of our old superhero favourites Joe Cape.
Come and find us all in the Long Gallery at Black Swan Arts, 2 Bridge Street, Frome (above SEED) – we’ll be there from 10-4 on Sunday 13 August.
And make sure you see the rest of town too – there will be a Sorting Hat at our favourite pub The Three Swans; assorted Batmobility options; a Star Wars bar; retro gaming at Frome’s New Venue; a ton of cosplay and great coffee at The River House!