The calendar is getting busier as we plan our road trips for the year. Just to bring you up to date on where you’ll be able to find Disconnected Press in the flesh this year:
- Saturday 28 May – Wonderlands, the UK Graphic Novel Expo – Sunderland. A great one-day event focused on all things graphic novel, not a floppy comic in sight! We’re delighted that our own Lizzie Boyle has been invited to join a couple of panels during the day – the only risk is whether anyone will be able to shut her up…
- Saturday 2 – Sunday 3 July – Glasgow Comic Con – our second time to Glasgow and we hope it’s as fab as last year. A new venue will bring the world of comics much closer into the heart of the city, and expect a great line-up guests…
- Saturday 6 August – Bristol Comic Expo – we’re thrilled that Bristol is back on the calendar. This was the first comic con we went to, and formerly a Big Thing on both the comics and the social front. It’s great to go back to our spiritual home at the Ramada (now the Doubletree Hilton). There’s not too much information online just yet, but keep an eye on the FB page as announcements will be coming soon: https://www.facebook.com/events/1613954822203865/
- Saturday 15 – Sunday 16 October – Lakes International Comic Arts Festival, Kendal – the M6 will be our friend once again as we head to Kendal in October. Always a great event, taking over the whole town, and a real opportunity for fans and creators to meet and mingle.
- Saturday 5 – Sunday 6 November – ThoughtBubble Festival, Leeds – the “Christmas Do” of the UK comics scene, always a great hub for new comic launches, exclusive art and fantastic guests. The sheer scale of ThoughtBubble is always impressive – so bring plenty of pocket money with you!
With so many conventions in the calendar, it’s a chance for you to pick up some of our latest publications, including:
Sentient Zombie Space Pigs – Issues 3 and 4 are out, bringing the epic saga of Jenny, Carl, Lloyd and Floyd, FBI Agent Fuller and a bunch of marauding zombie pigs to its crackling conclusion…
Secret Gardens – a choose-your-own-adventure book, with witches, wizards, ghosts, some highly organised squirrels and an incredibly cute mouse.
AND (announcement!) a brand new one-shot comic, out later this year, tackling a genre we have never tackled before….
Come and find us at one of the conventions listed above, or get in touch through Twitter – @DisconnectedPRS. And if you need more than 140 characters to get your message across, email firstname.lastname@example.org.